Saturday 20 September 2014

Wales and Heartaches

Sept. 20, 2014
Cool morning
Autumn
Warwick, U.K.
 
 
Dear Life,
 
Has been it a week or so since I wrote to you. Perhaps you have might have thought that I have forgotten about you. Well I have not. Simply because you certainly know how to make things very challenging for me.
 
My holiday in Wales was absolutely beautiful. Before heading off to that week holiday everyone was telling me that I need to get some wellington boots and waxed jacket simply because it always rains in Wales. Well, I did but I was ever so lucky with that weather as I really did not need it the whole time I was there. Not single drop of rain.
 
I was actually invited by two women one of them is my friend. They also brought with them their dogs. As soon as we got into Bournemouth, Wales and I finally saw the sea it made me emotional. I never realized how much I have missed it. My house back home sits on the edge of the sea and it has been my companion for the past years.
 
The whole week was pure relaxing and fun at the same time. Of course I am the tourist so the ladies made sure I see the sights which I did. The three dogs enjoyed the freedom to run as much as they can especially on the beach.
 
 
 
 
I shall never forget that week in Wales for it helped me clear my head and my emotions too.
 
When I got back fro Wales we received a letter informing us of that my partner's June 2014 will was not honored since there is only one witness to it and that probate office has decided only to honor the 2008 will which was drawn prior to me and my partner meeting.  The 2008 will only has beneficiary- her god daughter. The father is my partner's ex partner. I immediately rang him and we had a serious conversation regarding the will and he promised me that he will help me and that he will honor my partner's last will. That was on a Sunday.
 
The following Monday he has already changed his mind and decided not to help me. I will have no single penny from the estate. I was devastated and hit rock bottom. Luckily I still have the house since that was not mentioned in the 2008 will.
 
I cried, yes, because I trusted my partner's friends and they were the ones who turned their backs not only to me but to my partner too especially now.
 
I will have to head home very soon and by then leave all these heartaches behind. I have reached the bottom so there is no way but up.
 
 
Savoring Life One Day at a Time.
 
 
Love,
M xox

No comments:

Post a Comment